Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Indie KIDS


Oh look Hanson have gone indie! No wait that's actually Panic! at the Disco

Normally I'd say I was getting old, but that isn't enough to explain how fresh faced these little critters look. Look at their little pink cheeks and fluffy hair. Aw, and they've got a big orange ball, I bet 'catch' is their favourite game.

Thursday's 'Adventures in the Beetroot Field' at Fabric (yes even Fabric want a piece of the indie pie) merely confirmed my suspicions that indie-style nursery rhymes are just round the corner.

It was rampant with the under age who got under foot, overexcited and on my nerves, throwing up after one too many (actually just make that one) vodka and cokes. I actually envy them that bit because beer cost £3.90 a tiny bottle and spirit and mixer over £4. Frick. It reminded me why I hate Fabric.

Indie has always had a rather large fey side, but even when kids were doing it they were slightly shabby looking not pre-pubescent public school boys (I blame Busted/McFly etc.)

At this stage I'd say thank the lord for indie girls showing the boys how to do it properly, but my water tight argument sprung a leak after hearing The Organ (memorise the city). They sound like the girl version of Coldplay/Keane/Coldplay/wet indie band etc. Actually that's really harsh, they're not that bad, in fact they have the jangly 80s indie sound down pretty good.

Anyway here's some grumpy / noisey / grubby girl indie. First The Vibration - The Violets - Hiero who promise lots of new MP3s on their website. And finally The Demolition Doll Rods -

3 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://hphxgqjx.com/psqx/txgp.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zztuduyr.com/mfmr/yyvh.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://hphxgqjx.com/psqx/txgp.html | http://vanjkobf.com/dbfo/kfou.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home