Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Amazing things about computer games No.1: The Dark Mod


As an earlier post has revealed I'm not ashamed to admit that I like (maybe even love) computer games, especially the Thief series (yes, even Deadly Shadows, which to those fortunate enough not to be initiated is the one all the people who loved the first two Thief games hate).

So I almost, but definitely did not (just assuring my girlfriend), wet my pants when I discovered the Dark Mod.

They're in the process of converting the Doom 3 engine into a Thief-like stealth game, which is actually way way more interesting than it sounds. The graphics look really nice and creepy and the characters have that wonderful dead look (the most realistic computer game 'skin' looks like a dead body's skin). Just look at the picture.

They haven't finished it yet, so perhaps my 'amazing' rating is a bit premature, and I will have to buy a copy of Doom 3 to play it, and then third party computer games geeks will have to make levels/campaigns, but I'm sticking to my bladder muscle exercises in anticipation of this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home