Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Amazing things about the Internet No 1: Last FM

Who needs another virtual social space on the fricking internet? Not me, unless it compiles my own personal hit parade, which is the thing I love about Last FM.

I've long since outgrown the misguided belief that just because someone likes the same band as I do we're destined to be the best of friends, but I do love seeing what I've listened to on a week by week basis, even though I do listen to loads of stuff on my Zen that audioscrobbler will never know about (it's like having an affair).

I'm so excited about the egotistical nature of my own Top of the Pops style profile that I'm going to share it with everyone right here, together with an exhilirating commentary.

Hmm, maybe Top of the Pops could take a leaf out of my book and incorporate a kind of readers chart based on their LastFM profile. That would be way better than showing random 80s music videos.

According to LastFM I didn't listen to any music last week, but it reliably informs me that the week before The Like were at number 1, probably because I was going to see them live. At No 2 there was a surprise entry from Lucinda Williams who hasn't been in my charts since about 1999! At No 3 another surprise entry from Emmylou Harris. Boy, are those country girls making a comeback. At No 4 we have Datarock doing their weird thing and finally at No 5 we have Dynasty Electric Duo whom I know absolutely nothing about excpet I like one of their songs.

And to play us out here's Lucinda Williams with the title from her classic 1998 album - Car Wheels on a Gravel Road

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Nick said...

Cheers, heard a couple more tracks from Buscate un novio, would love to see more

 

Post a Comment

<< Home