Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Excellent Things About Music No.1: The Like live at the Barfly sunday 5th March



As much as I love Terminator i always find myself cringing during the nightclub scene because as far as I'm concerned clubs just don't look like that and neither do the people who frequent them. Then I go to Camden and realise that they do and there are people who look like that, even on a Sunday afternoon.

The first point being that I think, along with (almost) everybody else over the of 18 that Camden is crap. The second point being that The Like made my trip there worthwhile despite this.

Even though they only look about 16 and their instruments look a bit too big for them they were damn tight, like way tighter than most bands of a similar age. And their songs sounded even better live than they did on album.

Hopefully The Like will inspire more girls to be in bands because I'm bored shitless of overly sincere unoriginal boy-indie. Just because you have a really long scraggy fringe doesn't make you a rock icon!

I always go on about this don't I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home