Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Noisey: Duchess Says & We Are Wolves


Why do some bands sound so totally different live to their recordings??

I figured Duchess Says were a sort of electro/new wave band with only a touch of the disharmonic about them, but heck no, live they are fricking well hard, semi death grunt/hardcore shouting eye-rolling frontwoman, massively distorted weird keyboard noises, in the context of truly sweaty boho dive and shite PA system - the keyboardist didn't really need to wear the Crass t-shirt to get the message across, Duchess Says want to be punks, hardcore, LA late 70s style. And they do it so good.

Black Flag is definitely my favourite track of theirs.

Only caught a few of We Are Wolves songs. They were a little less noisey, or maybe my ears had just got used to the sound, would have liked to have hung around for me, but bed was calling my name and I couldn't stomach any more pissy white wine. T.R.O.U.B.L.E starts off sort of Neu!ish then goes a bit sort of Suicide-ish.

3 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
» »

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Thanks, come back anytime you like, hopefully I'll get to posting a little more often

 
At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home