Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Lovelife 3rd July 06



It was so hot, but thanks to the big fan behind the dj bit it was actually a lovely experience.

Managed to catch two Shimura Curves songs in the main room, before being dragged back to music duties, they were as splendid as ever.

my set sounded like this...

Number 1
The Left Outsides - Losing Touch Withe My Mind
Kirk deGeorgio presents Esoterik - Starwaves
The Dominatrix - The Dominatrix Sleeps Tonight
Lorena C - Rock Your Body
Temposhark ft Imogen Heap - Not That Big (Metronomy remix)
2raumwhong - Ich und Elaine
Sally Shapiro - I'll be by Your Side
Peaches - Do it Hard
Young & Restless - Dirty Kick
Schwervon - Swamp Thing
X - Nausea
Tigs - Something New
Fuzzbox - Self
The Long Blondes - Weekend Without Makeup
Stevie Nicks - I Can't Wait
Eagle & Talon - Dropped Down
Siouxsie & the Banshees - Love in a Void
Starlet Suicide - Try to Break Me
Sleater Kinney - You're No Rock n Roll Fun
Kait0 - Catnap

Number 2
Glass Candy - Etheric Device
Bizarre Music Machine - BMM
Betty Botox - Xantac
Zeigeist - Tar Heart
YYYs - Gold Lion (Nick Zinner remix)
Snuten ft Fox n Wolf - Wild & Free
Galaxian!!! - Domingo
Bikini Kill - I Like Fucking
Young & Restless - Black
Be Your Own PET - We Will Vacation, You Can be My Parasol
The Sounds - Tony the Beat
Vivien Lee - Alright
Martika - I Feel the Earth Move
Cansie de ser Sexy - This Month Day 10
Paula - Als Es Passierte
Debbie Harry - I Want That Man

I love Eagle and Talon, they seem like a couple of down to earth girls despite being from LA, just, like, making some cool music - Dropped Down. Get the rest of their EP from their website.

I also love Tigs kind've reminds me of Blondie but a bit harder, sortof - BCR (get the album (7" and badge and patch) for just £6 by joining the fanclub).

And last but not least KaitO - Catnap - 3 years no album, what are you doing?? Ah, I see, they're in the middle of making it.