Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, August 05, 2006

NO SWEETS


Aw, last week the NFT's Access All Areas season came to an end and I saw far fewer films than I wanted to which isn't a major surprise, I only see about two things at the cinema a year just because going there takes up so goddam much of the evening and is way too expensive(I do LOVE the pick n mix sweets though, even if the film's are often a bit shit). Mainly I missed Some Kind've Monster.

Sadly the NFT doesn't do sweets, I think you can actually get booted out for eating them during a screening (yeah, they're called 'screenings' in the NFT). So it was a good job the recordings of live performances from Kate Bush and Siouxsie and the Bansees were really fricking good, so good that I wanted to become a goth for a day or two afterwards.

On top of some of the best music ever, it was so good to see a couple of complete weirdos doing their stuff with absolute confidence. Kate Bush was easily the weirdest of the two, her mime/contemporary dance show getting a lot of inappropriate laughs from the mentally retarded 50 somethings who made up most of the audience. Alot of said 50 somethings also left at the beginning of and more annoyingly, during the Siouxsie and the Banshees stuff. I called them 'squares' in quite a loud voice.

Here's Wow off Lionheart by Kate Bush because, well, it says it all.

And howabout Israel off Once Upon a Time: the singles by Siouxsie and the Bs, because that's the song they opened with, and you know it's kind've topical and all.