Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, August 18, 2006

EXTREMES


It doesn't get much better than a new Slayer album especially one with the original line up, yes the original line up!!! I want to see them live and Morbid Angel but who will go with me to these things??

Nobody, that's who. (Plus Morbid Angel played yesterday, so it's, well, impossible).

I remember seeing Morbid Angel at the LA2 back in blah blah blah.... but it was like Satan was actually helping out, especially on drums, Pete Sandoval is pretty damn close to Dave Lomardo's amazingness.

The main point of this post was to say that I was even more right about metal's comeback. Look the darlings of the indie-ish scene, Bonde Do Role, just rap over metal records in like a funny baby language (sorry speakers of Portugese, that was very patronising). But if I knew what she was saying it would be nowehere near as cool.

Even Julian Cope agrees and who's going to argue with him?

Oh yeah and Junior Boys are very good live, even if the Luminaire was rammed with liggers. I reckon I was the only person who paid to get in.

Slayer - Jihad (topical) and Catatonic (a slowy)
Morbid Angel - Lion's Den ( a classic)
Junior Boys - Count Souvenirs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home