Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

THE PLAIN

I needed rock, I needed verse-chorus-verse, I needed riffs, maybe I even needed a guitar solo. With hindsight I really did need a guitar solo. Instead I got Future Perfect by Autolux. I wanted to give it a chance, I did really, but I couldn’t stop the words ‘generic indie crap’ forming in my mind and by the third song it had gotten a lot nastier than that. What happened next you ask? Well I’d seen it sitting there, I’d read lots of positive reviews, but I didn’t really want to have to listen to the parent-friendly folk of Martha Wainwright. But it seemed so innocent, so inoffensive, I couldn’t resist. For a time its Joni Mitchell-esque swirls lifted my mood, then I got bored. So in desperation I put on Shopping for Images by Midaircondo. But, I so wasn’t in the mood for jazz inflected electronica. So in the dying hours of my musicothon I put on Diamond Head in the hope that some classic NWOBHM would do the trick but it was too late, nothing could save me and so I put on the TV and preceded to watch Heartbeat or the other one that’s like it that’s set in a Glen or something.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger Nick said...

'Thanks' Darren, now could you please fuck off, I'm not going to jopin your saddo loser dating scheme. I f you want to sell crap to desperate people please refrain from using people's blogs. I can assure you it won't encourage sales

 

Post a Comment

<< Home