Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

THE GOOD/EXCELLENT

I started off with much enthusiasm around 11am with Cobra Killer’s 76-77. Doing silly, faux cabaret dances and being from Berlin had made me snigger a little the occasions on which I’d seen these girls live, but I had fairly low hopes for this one. I didn’t care at this point though, nothing could bring me down, I was probably drinking a nice cup of tea while I was listening to it. And lo and behold I actually enjoyed it, despite the opener sounding uncannily similar to the joke-version-of-the-kind-of-song-an-‘arty’-girl-duo-from-Berlin-would-do I had in my head, there was actually a few songs on there. ’10,000 Tissues’ was especially song-like. Next up I was fairly certain I was onto a winner – Ladytron’s latest The Witching Hour. Things had just stepped up a notch. Sounding even less electroclash than they had ever sounded, which wasn’t very, this was all that I expected plus some and sounded as far from Berlin as Birmingham, or wherever the hell they’re from. The second song did it for me, ‘Destroy Everything You Touch’ is the pinnacle. Even the ropey Trevor Jackson remixes of ‘Sugar’ couldn’t stunt my buoyant mood at this juncture. And although the embryo of a rant about the ‘dance-floorifying’ of music was gestating at the back of my mind, it was… er, rapidly aborted before birth could take place (apologies for that tasteless metaphor).

1 Comments:

At 3:29 AM, Blogger Nick said...

Hi 'anonymous', so glad you think my blog is great. What impressed me even more was how you managed to leave a comment so quickly after I'd publisehed the entry - less than 2 minutes! A more cynical man than I might say that you hadn't read it at all and you were just trying to sell crap holidays

 

Post a Comment

<< Home